The EDC Sponsorship program gives you a chance to pay the low cost of acquiring diverse certifications for a specific demographic group or area of suppliers that your organization is seeking to impact.
Inspire Your Potential Diverse Suppliers To Become Certified
About Enhanced Digital Certification™
The SupplierGATEWAY Enhanced Digital Certification (EDC) is a new, fast and inexpensive way for small and diverse businesses to get certified as diverse-owned organizations while at the same time exposing them to new opportunities afforded by being in the SupplierGATEWAY network.
Demonstrate Your Commitment To Community
Align Sponsorship With Your Corporate Supplier Diversity Goals
New Business Opportunities For Underrepresented Businesses
Quickly Expand Potential Markets For Suppliers
Increase The Pool of Certified Diverse Suppliers In The Marketplace
Why EDC Sponsorship?
SupplierGATEWAY supports thousands of organizations in various industries as their supplier engagement platform and a source for small, local and diverse businesses.
The EDC certification has immediate added value to the supplier by completing the process. You will be playing a vital role in creating new pathways for diverse suppliers to succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The application process only takes a few minutes, including answering a short series of questions, uploading required documents and completing a digital verification. The certification costs $25 or FREE for subscribers & sponsored entities and is issued within 15 minutes.
The EDC certification can be verified by:
- Scanning the QR Code on the certificate; or,
- Via login to the SupplierGATEWAY platform; or,
- Electronically through API connections for corporations and organizations who choose to incorporate the certification verification process into their information technology environment.
The EDC process also covers SBA Small Business Self Certification requirements, which is an added benefit for suppliers who intend to prospect to clients with government reporting and audit requirements.
SupplierGATEWAY is a leading cloud-based supplier management platform, which automates and simplifies vendor management. SupplierGATEWAY apps can be deployed individually or in any combination, and easily integrated with existing AP/ERP infrastructure. The app capabilities encompass Supplier Registration and Enablement, P2P Sourcing and Procurement, Supplier Management, Financial Risk Monitoring, Supplier Compliance Management, Corporate Responsibility / Diversity, Vendor
SupplierGATEWAY has powered global supply management environments since 1997, supporting billions of dollars in purchase transactions and hundreds of thousands of active suppliers in multiple industries.
The EDC process digitally validates many aspects of the application including:
- The applicant business owner’s identity
- Verification of Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Document verification
- Screening and risk evaluations including sanctions checks, Excluded Party List System (EPLS), and cross-agency data discovery.
All EDC certifications are subject to post-issuance audits.
The SupplierGATEWAY Enhanced Digital Certification (EDC) complies with the form, structure and documentation requirements required by agencies such as the Small Business Administration (SBA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and others, for Small Business Self Certification in the following categories.
- Small Disadvantaged
- Women Owned Small
- Veteran Owned Small
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business
- Small business self-certification attestations as part of the EDC process include certifications that the company meets all of the requirements in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 19.7, FAR 52.219-8, and FAR Part 819, as well as 13 C.F.R. sections 121, 124, 125, 126, and 127 (as applicable).
- Each Company completing the EDC process is required to complete an SBA size determination to identify their appropriate SBA size in accordance with the latest SBA NAICS size standards. During this process, any other applicable NAICS codes for which the business is also considered small are determined digitally.
- Each EDC certification is digitally signed to ensure that submitters understand that the US Government’s Small Business size determination is based on the US Small Business Administration guidelines and 13-C.F.R.-121, and that under 15 U.S.C. § 645(d), any concern or person who misrepresents its size or socioeconomic status shall be (1) punished by a fine, imprisonment, or both; (2) subject to administrative remedies; and (3) ineligible for participation in programs conducted under the authority of the Small Business Act.
SupplierGATEWAY has created 3 efficient ways for the SBA Self-Certification information to be accessed and used for maximum efficiency in Government reporting processes.
- Self-certifications are available online in the SupplierGATEWAY system from supplier profiles, making it easy to retrieve the exact documents you need to satisfy an audit request. SupplierGATEWAY even includes audit file access for audit agencies, so you can create a digital folder to provide to your audit agency and reduce the impact to the environment.
- Programs that prefer to fully automate compliance reporting can take advantage of REST API access to self-certification data, making it even easier to dynamically verify each PO or even PO line item as reports are being prepared. This makes it possible to achieve a high level of compliance in Small Business reporting with minimal effort and an assurance that reported small business spend can be backed up with auditable reliable data.
- Self-certification documents are available via the QR code to scan the process for users that are using the SupplierGATEWAY Mobile App.